Carbondale Reporter

Carbondale Reporter

Thursday, November 14, 2019

CARBONDALE NON-BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEES PERSONNEL BOARD: Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By Rhealene May Dampil | Oct 31, 2019

Buj

Carbondale Non-Bargaining Unit Employees Personnel Board recently issued the following announcement.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that often goes undetected, catching individuals off guard or in their sleep.

 The "silent killer" is produced by burning fuel in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, portable generators or furnaces. When the gas builds up in enclosed spaces, people or animals who breathe it can be poisoned. It is important to take steps to ensure you stay safe.

The National Safety Council recommends the following to avoid CO poisoning:

Replace the battery for your home's CO detector each spring and fall

Have your chimney cleaned and checked every year

Do not use portable flameless chemical heaters indoors

Make sure your gas appliances are vented properly

Do not heat your home with a gas range or oven

Never run a car or truck inside an attached garage

In the event your carbon monoxide alarm sounds:

Immediately move outside to fresh air

Call 911

Do a head count to check that all persons are accounted for

Do not re-enter the premises until emergency responders have given you permission to do so

For additional information, visit the National Safety Council website.

Original source can be found here.

Want to get notified whenever we write about Carbondale Non-Bargaining Unit Employees Personnel Board ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Carbondale Non-Bargaining Unit Employees Personnel Board, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Carbondale Non-Bargaining Unit Employees Personnel Board