Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees met April 10
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees met April 10.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Call to order.
Called to order at 4:32 p.m.
Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes. The Library Board may cut short any comments that are irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. (Id. at 1425-26).
Barbara Levine, President (1)
Susan Tulis, Vice President (3)
Joyce Hayes, Secretary (1)
Don Prosser (2)
Harriet Simon (3)
Roland Person (4)
Julian Pei, Treasurer (3)
The number following the Trustee’s name indicates the number of absences this fiscal year. One seat is currently vacant.
Diana Brawley Sussman, Library Director; Gwen Hall Grosshenrich, Finance Manager
1. Approval of March 13, 2019 minutes. Philip Brown made a motion to approve the minutes. Susan Tulis seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
Correspondence and communications.
1. Approval of bills payable up to and including bills due April 16, 2019 to May 15, 2019. Bills of note include annual database subscriptions. Harriet Simon made a motion to pay the bills. Joyce Hayes seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
2. Set Finance Committee meeting near end of April. Meeting set for April 29.
3. Susan Tulis made a motion to authorize the finance committee to approve all bills to be paid by the last day of the fiscal year, not to exceed budgetary authority. Harriet Simon seconded. MOTION passed unanimously.
4. Acceptance of the financial report for March 2019. The Finance Manager noted that all replacement tax (minus $245) has been received.
1. Building and grounds maintenance. The Maintenance Manager Josh Fenton attempted to refinish restroom doors, but that did not work well, so new doors have been purchased. He is sanding and finishing them. Furniture is being purchased for the children’s area.
2. Review of April 9th budget hearing. There were no questions about the library’s budget at the City Council’s budget hearing.
3. Warming Center. The Carbondale Warming Center served 57 individuals, including 20 women over the course of 72 nights. These participation numbers show a larger need than we had expected.
4. Other. The library will be adding Hoopla digital services.
1. Patron conduct. The person (S.G.) banned last month was cited multiple times on library grounds. He then broke a bottle in the parking lot and verbally assaulted the library director outside next to the library. The police were notified.
Adjourned at 4:55 p.m.
Next Board Meetings for 2019 (all in Public Library meeting room, 4:30 p.m., second Wednesday of each month): May 8, June 12, July 10, August 14, September 11, October 9, November 13, December 11.