Marion chamber sets gift certificate program in motion
The Marion Chamber of Commerce recently launched a gift certificate program that allows putchasers to redeem vouchers at a wide range of local stores and provides local businesses with a unique marketing opportunity, the chamber said in a release.
Gift certificates in any denomination can be purchased at the chamber’s office, the chamber said in a Nov. 8 release. The chamber will personalize each certificate according to the request of the purchaser, the release said.
From a business perspective, the gift certificate program is an excellent way to raise awareness, as each participating business is listed on the every gift certificate.
When recipients redeem their vouchers, they must do so for the full amount, with no cash or credit refunds. Stores sign the certificates and return them to the chamber, and the chamber will then provide the business with 95 percent of the value of the certificate; the remaining 5 percent is used to cover the chamber's costs for running the program, the release said.
Any chamber of commerce member business interested in taking part in the program can sign up with an electronic form, or a paper form, which they can access by calling or emailing the chamber.
Participating businesses include Susan Willis Photography, Interim HealthCare of Southern Illinois, SI Bowl Family Fun Center, House 2 Home Realtors, Monica McGinley, Broker/GRI, Blue Sky Vineyard, Silver Collections, Perfectly Posh, PMR and Joyner Therapy Services, the release said.