Marion City Council considers submersible pump bids
The Marion City Council met Feb. 13 to consider submersible pump bids.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the council:
The Marion City Council includes elect four commissioners and a mayor who are responsible for city management and general functions.
City of Marion Council Meeting Feb 13, 2017
CITY OF MARION COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday 6:30 P.M.
DATE: February 13,2017
MEETING TO BE HELD AT CITY HALL
X REGULAR MEETING ___ __ CONTINUED MEETING
__X___ ROLL CALL:
___X___ MINUTES: Regular Meeting 01/23/2017 and Special Meeting 02/03/2017
__X___ EXECUTIVE SESSION – Real Estate-Personnel-Litigation-Contracts
______ EXECUTIVE MINUTES
______ TREASURER’S REPORT:
___X_ APPROVE BILLS
___X__ CONSENT AGENDA:
___X __ PUBLIC COMMENTS:
____ ZONING BOARD
___X__ COMMISSIONERS REPORTS:
A. Council approval of bid for an ABS pump for Refugee Lift Station.
1. Municipal Equipment Company Inc. bid new ABS/Sulzer model submersible pump – $6,699.94. Sewer Department.
2. C and C Pumps & Supply bid new ABS/Sulzer pump $7,419.85.
3. C and C Pumps & Supply bid to repair existing pump – $4,366.37.
B. Council to discuss concrete supplied by Odum Concrete for the west side of FAI 57 and the east side of FAI 57.
1. Council approval of the following:
a. $1,500.00 donation to Young Hearts with Goals and Purpose Banquet to be held May 13th at the Pavilion. Mrs. Tryphosia Lee presented the information at the last regular meeting but the item was not on the agenda.
b. Use of the Pavilion to the Young Hearts with Goals and Purpose Banquet to be held May 13th at the Pavilion.
2. Council approval of donation to the Special Olympic Polar Plunge. T. J. Warren, Team Captain of the Copsicles Polar Plunge Team.
3. Sewer Department – Street Department Approval to purchase camera from E J Equipment Inc. at a proposed cost of $89,780.00. Other bid from Key Equipment bid price $97,875.00.
4. Fire Department. Council approval of the following:
a. Addendum to The Marion Professional Fire Fighters Association Collective Bargaining Agreement.
b. Addition and renovations to the Marion Fire Station at 204 North Court Street. White & Borgognoni proposed costs for the stated services:
a. Architectural: $49,750.00
b. Structural: $ 4,000.00
c. M/E/P/FP: $15,250.00
d. Total Fee: $69,000.00
Other Optional Services: Basis of actual time expended & invoiced at standard hourly personnel rates.
c. City Attorney Steve Green will write an Easement Agreement between Joe Hale and City of Marion for a thirty (30) foot wide access road on Joe Hale’s property adjacent to the Fire Station, from N. Court Street to a point 183 feet west.
d. Estimate for cost for construction of a 30’ wide access road on Joe Hale’s property from N. Court Street to a point 183 feet west – Clarida & Ziegler Engineering;
Estimated Project Cost $49,400.00
5. Street Department. Council approval of the following:
a. Proposal from PMSI (Paving Maintenance Supply) for street marking paint
16 drums yellow at $772.90 each – $12,366.40
6 drums white at $794.29 each – $ 4,765.74
30 buckets of H build yellow/white at $107.50 $ 3,225.00
Total cost of paint $20,982.14
b. Salt 300 tons budgeted at $70.04 (2015-2016 contract price from CMS) $21,012.00 (prior years was $124.80 a ton)
c. Discuss South Market Street Improvements.
6. Civic Center – Council approval of Jason Bartlett as a part time Custodial at $9.00 per hour.
7. Library – Council approval of the following
(1) Council approval of hiring Cheleste Sieveking as Librarian I at $11.00 per hour to replace Lynn Vogt Philips.
(2) Council approval of resignation of Beth Bischoff as Coordinator of Library Services effective Feb. 3rd.
(3) Promote Sarah Wingate, a current employee, to fill the position created by the resignation of Beth Bischoff, as Coordinator of Library Services at $15.00 per hour to be effective February 14, 2017.
8. Hub – (1) Council approval of bid from Brown electric for the Hub Environment
Improvements (installation of ceiling fans) for Aquatic’s area.
(2) Staff Job Classification Addition
(a) Sherry McConnell (current fitness attendant) – ActivTrax
Orientation Attendant at $12.00 per hour.
(b) Andrew Allen (current lead lifeguard) – Swim instructor at
$20.00 per hour.
(c) Austin Scola (current lead lifeguard) Swim Instructor at $20.00
(d) Russell Rau (currently Wellness Attendant) Security at $15.00
9. Ordinance No. 3367 – An Ordinance approving and authorizing the execution of an amendment to the TIF Redevelopment Agreement by and between the City of Marion and Doggie Stylez, LLC and Erica Pancoast, Hub TIF District.