City of Marion City Council met March 9.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
CALL TO ORDER
1. ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS/AUDIENCE TO VISITORS (Subject to Ordinance No. 3128)
4. CONSENT AGENDA
A. HUB RECREATION CENTER
1) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Erin Philpott as part-time Front Desk Attendant $9.25/hour, Cafe Attendant $9.25/hour, Soccer Instructor $15.00/hour.
2) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Shannon Sullins as part-time Childwatch Attendant $9.25/hour, Camp Counselor $9.25/hour.
3) Approve the recommendation of the General Manager to hire Josh Schmid as part-time Lifeguard $9.25/hour, Tackle Football Staff $9.25/hour, Flag Football Staff $9.25/hour.
B. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1) Approve invoice 7087 to Sloan Appraisal for $10,000 for building appraisals.
C. GOVERNMENTAL CONSULTING SOLUTIONS, INC.
1) Discuss/approve Invoice 5277 dated 3/1/2020 for Consulting Services for April 2020.
1) Discuss/approve minutes from the February 24, 2020 council meeting.
E. CODE ENFORCEMENT
1) Accept John Goss’ resignation as a member of the Zoning Board of Appeals effective March 4, 2020.
F. SENIOR CITIZENS
1) Approve the letter of retirement from Executive Director Letina Poole effective July 31, 2020.
5. STREET DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve bids for 3/4 ton pick-up with a utility bed, a budgeted item
6. SEWER DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/approve change order for North Market Street Sewer Project, replacing existing 6 inch sewer main along Charles Street to State Street with a 12 inch line for an estimated cost of $58,300
7. FIRE DEPARTMENT
A. Discuss/Approve pay application #9 to Evrard-Strang Construction in the amount of $64,661.60 for the Apparatus Bay Addition to the Marion Fire Department.
8. POLICE DEPARTMENT
A. Accept the resignation of Aaron Bennett as Patrol Officer effective February 28, 2020.
B. Approve the recommendation of the Chief of Police to hire Trenton Harrison as Patrolman at $26.30/hour plus benefits per the contract effective March 23, 2020.
9. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
11. CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION (IF NEEDED) LITIGATION, PROPERTY, PERSONNEL.
12. MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT