City of Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustee met January 8.
Here is the agenda as provided by the board:
Call to order.
Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes. The Library Board may cut short any comments that are irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. (Id. at 1425-26).
1. Approval of the November 13, 2019 minutes.
Correspondence and communications.
1. Approval of bills payable up to and including bills due December 16, 2019 to January 15, 2020.
2. Acceptance of the financial report for November 2019.
1. Per Capita requirement: Become familiar with the services provided by the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA): https://dp.la/ and the Illinois Digital Archives (IDA): http://www.idaillinois.org/
2. Per Capita requirement: Staff and trustees will complete at least one free education opportunity focusing on organizational management. Design Thinking presentation from Jennifer Robertson, Adult Program Librarian.
3. Review and acceptance of investment policy.
4. Review of executive session minutes.
5. Building and grounds maintenance.
Patron behavior, including a request to consider lifting a ban.