MARION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Southern Illinois Made Expo to showcase products made and destinations available in Southern Illinois
Marion Chamber of Commerce recently issued the following announcement.
To register as a sponsor or to be placed on the waiting list for vendors, click here.
Come see how we have it made in Southern Illinois during the inaugural Southern Illinois Made Expo on Saturday, July 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Sunday, July 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at The Pavilion, 1602 Sioux Drive in Marion.
The Southern Illinois Made Expo is an exciting new initiative developed through a partnership between State Senator Dale Fowler and Southern Illinois Chambers of Commerce.
“Southern Illinois is home to some of Illinois’ greatest businesses, turning out unique products made in the region and offering one-of-a-kind destinations that fuel our local economy and employees the people in our communities,” said State Senator Dale Fowler. “This venture is about showcasing what our local businesses have to offer and providing local consumers the chance to explore the merchandise and products created right here in their own backyard.”
The event will be held in Marion, Illinois, serving as the premiere opportunity for businesses to showcase the impressive products made and destinations available in Southern Illinois.
“I’m excited to give businesses that make their products here in Southern Illinois a direct platform to reach out to the people in the communities who may not realize the extent or variety of currently offered by our Southern-based businesses,” said Sen. Fowler. “The businesses and the products are already here, we’re just creating an opportunity. An opportunity to embrace what’s unique to our region and market the incredible products made throughout my district and across the region. What we’re doing here is giving our hardworking businesses a stage to promote their products and encourage those in our communities to shop locally.”
The event is also open to the general public, giving everyone the opportunity to experience firsthand the quality of unique products made by Southern Illinois artists, designers, and manufacturers and the beauty of Southern Illinois destinations. A donation of $5 to Veterans Honor Flight of Southern Illinois will be suggested for admission by all guests. All proceeds from admission and exhibitor fees will go toward Veterans Honor Flight of Southern Illinois. The first 200 attendees will receive a Southern Illinois Made goodie bag.
“Southern Illinois Made Expo is a great next step for the Shop Southern Illinois campaign that area Chambers of Commerce have developed over the recent years to encourage Southern Illinoisans to support local businesses,” said Dalus Ben Avi, executive director of the Marion Chamber of Commerce. “Area Chambers want to educate consumers to shop and buy locally, realizing that a small shift in shopping trends – say 2 to 3 percent - can result in millions of dollars in new revenue for area businesses. Local business owners are our neighbors and friends, and they deserve our support and our business. Local businesses hire locally, spend their money locally, contribute to their communities and regions and offer everything we need or want.”
Exhibitors from all over the region are invited to display and sell their innovative products, unique creations, tasty treats and showcase fabulous Southern Illinois destinations.
We are excited to give our local business community an opportunity to showcase the products and destinations produced and offered in Southern Illinois. Booth prices start at $50. To sign up, visit simade.org or call the Marion Chamber of Commerce at (618) 997-6311.
“We hope that you join us in showcasing all that Southern Illinois has to offer,” Ben Avi said. “Both Saturday and Sunday offer a unique opportunity for exhibitors to sell directly to the public and wholesale/retail buyers,” said Ben Avi. “Potential customers can see, sample, and purchase products and learn about the many destinations Southern Illinois has to offer.”
To be a vendor in the Southern Illinois Made Expo, the following requirements must be met:
- Feature products produced in Southern Illinois or destinations available in Southern Illinois
- Willingness and capacity to sell/showcase products/destinations to retailers and the general public
- Agree not to exhibit or promote any products/destinations not made in Southern Illinois
- Agree to all Exhibitor Rules & Regulations
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for the Southern Illinois Made Expo. Only members of participating Southern Illinois Chambers of Commerce are eligible to be sponsors of the Southern Illinois Made Expo. The sponsorship levels are:
- Presenting - $5,000. Includes the largest logo on promotional materials, 24 complimentary admission passes, placement of promotional items in the Goodie Bags for attendees (all promotional items must be delivered to the Marion Chamber of Commerce by July 13 at 4 p.m.), and up to six free vendor spaces if the sponsor displays Southern Illinois made products produced by their company.
- Gold - $3,000. Includes second largest logo on promotional materials, 10 complimentary admission passes, placement of promotional items in the goodie bag for attendees, and up to four free vendor spaces if the sponsor displays Southern Illinois Made products produced by their company.
- Silver - $1,000. Includes business/organization name on promotional materials, five complimentary admission passes, and placement of promotional items in goodie bags for attendees.
- The Pavilion
- River Radio
- Egyptian Board of Realtors
- WSIL News 3
- K&K Storage Barns
- Crownline Boats
- La Fiesta
- Southern Illinois Healthcare
- Clearwave Communications
- Baysinger Architects
For more information, visit simade.org or call (618) 997-6311.
- Grand River Spirits
- Historic Hull House Inn
- Wollard's Wonders
- The Ryder Family Farm & Red Dutchess Farm
- Kinley Jewelry
- Envi Botanicals Salon & Spa
- Johnson's Southern Style Barbecue
- Camp Manitowa
- Hobbs Service Co.
- Springhouse Woodworking
- My Dragon's Feather
- Beaded Distribution Company dba 40 Below Joe
- Dinger Bats
- Granny Puckett's Cupcakes
- Stanley's Food Systems
- Pokorney's Kettle Korn & Crafts
- Lil Buddies BBQ
- Chocolate Factory
- JAW Woodworks
- Southern Charm
- Hillary DeVisser
- Walker's Bluff
- Crown Brew Coffee Co.
- In Sync Mind Body Therapy Center
- Southern Illinois Miners
- Ruth & John's
- Rolling Oak Alpaca Ranch / ROAR Fibers
- Louie's Seasoning Company Inc.
- Extreme Exigency Shooting Park & Academy "Home of the Armed Barbers"
- Springhouse Magazine
- Candy Wampus Cotton Candy
- Coin Ring Plus
- Ohio River Scenic Byway, Inc. NFP
- K&K Storage Barns
- Greater Metropolis Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Blessed Mess
- Uncle Joe's Sauces
- Crystals Catering & More, LLC
- Legence Bank
- Crownline Boats
- Amy Hale
- Egyptian Board of Realtors
- Slykhuis Farms
- 5 S Cattle Co., Inc.
- Knotted Gypsy Designs
- Prairie Farms Dairy
- Trinity Doula Services
- Care Trak / Wildlife Materials
- Sit N Stay Snuggle Pet Beds
- Autism Safety Awareness Products
- Creekstone Kettle Works
- Hopper Topper Co.
- Carolina Dreamin' Designs
- Boulder Creek Photography
- Devil's Breath Chile Company
- Williams Hill Pass OHV Park
- Southernmost Illinois Tourism Bureau
- Southeastern Illinois College
- 17th Street BBQ
- Alto Vineyards
- Shawnee Community College
- Rustic Made Designs
- Shawnee Bluffs Canopy Tour
- Pepsi MidAmerica / Crisp Container
- Carbondale Tourism Bureau
- Rend Lake Area Tourism Council
- Koko Balm
- Howard Honey
- Aisin Manufacturing
- Stiches by Marge
- Lobaki Inc.
- Cahrl J's Creations
- John A. Logan College
- Southern Illinois Pecan Company
- Tanglefoot Ranch
- Peoples National Bank
- Continental Tire
- First Southern Bank
- Winston's Bagels by B-Rad
- JPs Gifts
- Susan Willis Photography
- Kathy Eckols Designs
- Southern Illinois Mercantile Company
- Mystic Things
- SIU Economic Development
- Sublime Photography & Creations
- Author Cathy Jackson
- Grandma's Goodies Award Winning Homemade Candy
- MollyFlower Designs
- White Crane Canoe Rentals and Guide Service
- Shawnee Rustic Design
- Uniquely You Body Sculpting 2.0 Wellness & Detoxification
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Honey Hill Naturals, Inc.
- Hippie Child Creations feat. Jeniflower's Gallery
- A.S. Fabricating Inc.