Makanda Board of Trustees to review compensation ordinance
Makanda Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 1.
Here is the agenda as provided by Makanda:
WELCOME: The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Makanda will be held in the Village Hall, 244 Makanda Road, Makanda, Illinois on Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
Visitors are welcome to all meetings of the Board of Trustees. Public comments in regard to agenda and non-agenda items can be made under “Citizens’ Hearing” or when recognized by the Board President or upon completion of the agenda.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. CALL TO ORDER
3. ROLL CALL: Call to order of current Board. Swear in new Trustee, Travis Brouillette. Roll call of new Board.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE PRECEEDING MEETING
5. CITIZENS’ HEARING: Mike Grimes and Dr. Stan Fine of Commercial Energy Consultants
6. PETITIONS & COMMUNICATION:
7. Fiscal Matters:
A. Treasurer’s Report
B. Bills Payable
8. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES:
A. Finance Committee
B. Ordinance Committee
C. Street & Road Committee
D. Subdivision Committee
E. Insurance Committee
9. REPORTS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES
A. Emergency Disaster Committee
B. Special Events Committee:
C. Eclipse Committee: Meeting scheduled for Thursday, November 3, at 6:30 p.m. at the Makanda Village Hall. Sheriff Burns and Lt. Lindsey plan to attend the meeting.
D. Playground Committee: Need to schedule meeting
10. ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS: Ordinance 2016-8. An ordinance to increase compensation of Village President, Clerk and Treasurer. Annual salary will need to be set.
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION
12. UNFINISHED BUSINESS / OLD BUSINESS
13. NEW BUSINESS
14. GENERAL ANNOUCEMENTS
Tina Shingleton Leslie Yambert
Village President Village Clerk