Illinois Heartland Library System Budget and Finance Committee met January 17
Illinois Heartland Library System Budget and Finance Committee met January 17.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
1. Call to Order – 2:32 p.m.
2. Roll Call
Members present: Mary Biel, Rachel Fuller, and Sandra West
Others present: Adrienne Elam, Rhonda Johnisee, Colleen Dettenmeier, and Shirley Paden
Excused Absent: Tina Hubert
Absent: John Phillips
3. Approval of Minutes – December 14, 2016 - Motion to approve by Rachel Fuller, seconded
by Mary Biel. Motion accepted.
4. Unfinished Business - For information only – Champaign location roof repair status. Due to
the weather they have not been able to work. They are back to work today and stated that
they need 4 days to complete.
5. New Business –
December 2016 Bill Payments - Motion to accept by Rachel Fuller, seconded by Mary
Biel. Motion carried by roll call vote.
December 2016 Credit Card Transactions – Motion to accept by Mary Biel, seconded by
Rachel Fuller. Motion carried by roll call vote.
Financial Reports as of December 31, 2016 - Motion to accept by Mary Biel, seconded by
Rachel Fuller. Motion carried by roll call vote. Adrienne Elam shared that we have not
received any additional Area Per Capita for FY2016-2017 funding beyond the LSTA
Revised Financial Policies – Tabled until the next committee meeting in February when
more committee members are present. Rachel Fuller questioned if this is the language
the State Library is concerned about, and if they have looked at this. Adrienne Elam
stated that yes, this is the language and that they have reviewed it.
6. Next Steps – Review the Financial Policies. Sandra West asked will we be possibly needing
to look at the FY2017-2018 budget. Adrienne Elam replied that we will wait until we receive
direction from the State Library.
7. Next Meeting – Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 3:00pm
8. Public Comment - NONE
9. Announcements – Sandra West shared that the Executive Meeting is in about 45 minutes
and the Board Meeting is on January 24, 2017. She gave a reminder to be sure to use the
correct form for any travel expenditures, due to the rate change in 2017.
10. Adjournment 2:42 p.m. Motion to approve by Mary Biel, seconded by Rachel Fuller. Motion