Illinois Heartland Library System Facilities and Operations Committee met March 13
Illinois Heartland Library System Facilities and Operations Committee met March 13.
Here is the minutes as provided by the committee:
Call to Order: 4:01 pm
Members present: Sara Zumwalt, Deb Owen, Charlene Topel (acted as chair in Sarah Isaacs
Others present: Susan Palmer, IHLS Staff
Approval of Minutes
-Motion to approve January 9, 2017 minutes motion made by Sara Zumwalt, second by Deb
Owen. Motion carried.
a. Southern Facility – Carbondale/Du Quoin
- Carbondale: the loading dock has been reorganized. Shelves from Du Quoin building were
moved in and will be installed by university union staff at a cost of $200. There is discussion
about adding a sidewalk to the dock.
b. Central Facility – Edwardsville
- There was hail damage to some IHLS vehicles from the February 28 storm. An insurance
adjustor will be coming in to evaluate damage. HVAC on roof received no damage.
c. Northern Facility – Champaign
- The roof is done. Waiting on final roof inspection. This inspection will approve the 20 year
d. ILDS Subcontract
- There was some hail damage to a RAILS vehicle parked on IHLS property and some discussion
with RAILS on whose insurance is responsible.
- The delivery survey has been completed and yielded many suggestions, including Saturday
delivery to major libraries. IHLS staff will investigate the financial impact and come back with
- A list of surplus property was provided to committee. Discussion was held on how best to
offer the equipment, with preference given to IHLS members before offering to public. A “silent
auction” of sorts will be created, as concern of “first come, first serve” was brought up. Some of
the equipment, if not sold, will be put onto a public online auction site. Susan Palmer asked for
permission to add surplus with a value of less than $250 to the list without prior approval.
Motion was made by Sara Zumwalt, second by Charlene Topel. Motion carried.
-next meeting April 6, 4:00 p.m.
- Motion to adjourn at 4:46 was made by Deb Owen, second by Sara Zumwalt. Motion carried
and meeting adjourned.