Makanda trustees approve corporate tax levy
The village of Makanda Board of Trustees met Tuesday to approve a tax levy.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the board:
WELCOME:The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Makanda will be held in the Village Hall, 244 Makanda Road, Makanda, Illinois on Tuesday, December 6, 2016.Visitors are welcome to all meetings of the Board of Trustees. Public comments in regard to agenda and non-agenda items can be made under “Citizens’ Hearing” or when recognized by the Board President or upon completion of the agenda.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. CALL TO ORDER
3. ROLL CALL:
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE PRECEEDING MEETING
5. CITIZENS’ HEARING:
6. PETITIONS & COMMUNICATION:
B. Clerk:Man Hours. Collect election paperwork. Approval of 2017 meeting calendar.
7. Fiscal Matters:
A. Treasurer’s Report
B. Bills Payable
8. REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES:
A. Finance Committee
B. Ordinance Committee
C. Street & Road Committee
D. Subdivision Committee
E. Insurance Committee
9. REPORTS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES
A. Emergency Disaster Committee
B. Special Events Committee:
C. Eclipse Committee:
D. Playground Committee:
10. ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS: Approval of ORDINANCE 2016-9 LEVYING TAXES FOR ALL CORPORATE PURPOSES FOR THE VILLAGE OF MAKANDA, ILLINOIS, JACKSON COUNTY, ILLINOIS, FOR THE FISCAL YEAR BEGINNING MAY 1, 2017 AND ENDING APRIL 30, 2018.
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION
12. UNFINISHED BUSINESS / OLD BUSINESS
13. NEW BUSINESS
14. GENERAL ANNOUCEMENTS
Tina Shingleton Leslie Yambert
Village President Village Clerk