Carbondale Library Board to discuss whether to sell annex building
The Carbondale Library Board will discuss whether to sell the Brush annex building at its next meeting 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at 405 W. Main St.
The Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees oversees all operations at the library.
Below is the agenda for this meeting, as provided by the board.
Carbondale Public Library Board of Trustees
Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 4:30 p.m.
Meeting Room, 405 West Main St.
Call to order.
Introductions, audience and visitors. Visitors are asked to introduce themselves at this time and present any issues they wish to discuss. Visitors wishing to address specific agenda items will be granted two to five minutes at the discretion of the President, not to exceed a total of twenty minutes. The Library Board may cut short any comments that are irrelevant, repetitious, or disruptive. (Id. at 1425-26).
1. Discussion of whether to entertain offers for the sale of the Brush annex building with or without inclusion of the library’s east parking lot, which holds 23 spaces, 2 of which are handicapped spaces.
2. Discussion of storage management solutions in the event of sale of the Brush building.
3. Discussion of parameters and conditions to be negotiated in the event of a sale of the Brush building and/or parking lot.
Closed Executive Session.
The Board is requested, if needed, to pass a motion to hold a closed meeting to discuss the setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(6)).
Note that under this exception, a public body may not hold a closed session to discuss whether to sell or lease the property, or whether to accept an offer for its purchase. Those are matters that are beyond the scope of the exception, which authorizes holding a closed session only for the purpose of setting a price for the property.
At the conclusion of the closed meeting, the Board is requested to pass a motion to return to open session. In the event that any other action is to be taken as a result of the discussions held in the closed meeting, final action will be taken only in open session and will be preceded by a public recital of the nature of the matter being considered and other information that will inform the public of the business being conducted.
Final action in open session regarding:
1. Whether to entertain offers for the sale of the Brush annex building with or without inclusion of the library’s east parking lot.
2. Immediate and long term storage management solutions in the event of sale of the Brush building.
3. Parameters and conditions to be negotiated in the event of a sale of the Brush building and/or parking lot.
Next Board Meetings for 2016 (all in Public Library meeting room, 4:30 p.m., second Wednesday of each month): July 13; August 10; September 14; October 12; November 9; December 14.
The Carbondale Public Library board of trustees oversees all operations at the library.