Bradley School District 61 reviews policies
The board of Bradley School District 61 met April 17.
The board oversees all matters related to schools in District 61.
Here are the meeting minutes as provided by the board:
The regular meeting of the board of education of Bradley School District 61 was held on April 14, 2016, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Gymnasium at the Bradley Central School. President Golwitzer called the meeting to order and thereafter presided.
On roll call the following members voted Present: Geraci, Golwitzer, Hasemeyer, Schubert, Trudeau and Whalen. Also present, Superintendent Goselin and Director of Finance, Tamara Mitchell. Building Principals, Dave Andriano, Mike Hahs, Mark Kohl, Assistant Principal Trisha Anderson, Director of Special Services Marie Stover, and Director of Curriculum Tricia Nagel. Absent: Helgeson.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Terrie Golwitzer.
On the recommendation of the Superintendent a motion was made by Hasemeyer seconded by Geraci to adopt all items on the Consent Agenda; Exeption: None
1) Approve Regular Board Meeting Minutes of March 10, 2016;
2) Approve Accounts Payable and Payroll;
3) Approve 2016-2017 Custodial Supply Bid per tabulated results and recommendation;
4) Approve the hiring of summer help as needed;
5) Approve letting bids for 2016-2017 Bulk Gasoline/ Diesel Fuel;
6) Approve the reimbursement of the Imprest Account;
7) Approve Rising Star Continuous Improvement Plan;
8) Facility Usage Requests - Bourbonnais Park District Summer Program at Bradley East (Gym/ Lobby) June - July 29, 2016; Village of Bradley Summer Program at Bradley West (Gym / 4th Grade Classrooms) June 8 - July 29, 2016; Killer Beez Wrestling at Bradley West (Gym) April 11-May 18, 2016;
9) Review IASB Issue 91 Draft of District Policies - New Policies and Updates: 6:130 Instruction - Explorer Program 7:150 Students - Agency and Police Interviews; 7:190 Students - Student Behaviour (Formerly - Student Discipline); 7:200 Students - Suspensions Procedures; 7:210 Students - Expulsion Procedures; 7:220 Students - Bus conduct; 7:240 Students - Conduct Code for Participants in Extracurricular Activities; 7:305 Students - Student Athlete Concussions and Head Injuries; 7:190-E3 Students - Exhibit - Memorandum of Understanding (New).
On roll call the following members voted Aye: Geraci, Golwitzer, Hasemeyer, Schubert, Trudeau and Whalen. Absent: Helgeson Nays: None Motion carried.
Public comment - None
Board Member comments: None
The Committee Reports included:
The Kankakee Area Special Education Cooperative Representative, Dr. Goselin and Mary Schubert reported Coop will be vacating the building July 1st - moving to St. Anne School District. Coop Building is up for sale. Decisions regarding transition of staff underway.
The Policy Committee - Meeting held on April 14, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. Policies on display for 30 days.